Making Money On YouTube
Much like a blog, YouTube is an awesome platform on which you can earn money in a variety of ways.
YouTube, however, is not for everybody. If you have a great personality and are good at communicating in front of the camera, then this is for you!
Let’s discuss the steps that need to be taken to get you earning money using YouTube!
Here are the steps to follow to make money on YouTube:
- Create a Google Account here. Most of you should already have a Google account.
- Create a YouTube Channel using your Google account here
- Create content! You don’t need a fancy camera or fancy software. You can start recording content with your phone and uploading it to your channel.
- Title and Keywords – make sure to use catchy keywords and titles that will attract users.
- Adsense – Like with a blog, you earn commissions on ads shown on your videos. In order to apply for Adsense, you first have to reach 1000 subscribers and over 4000 watch hours. This sounds intimidating, but you’ll rack up those stacks in no time!
- Affiliate Marketing – This is a great way to capitalize on your video content. It could be an alternative to Adsense completely or you can use it as an additional income stream! Please see How Does Affiliate Marketing Work.
By following these steps you will be making money in no time. But be sure to put in the effort and create good quality content, which doesn’t necessarily mean shooting a video in 4k! Make sure the message you are trying to send out is clear and easy to understand.
I have tried and tested YouTube and had success. It took me longer than it will take you because I did not know where to start and I had to learn everything from scratch.
Read about How Affiliate Marketing Works here.